Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Where are we now?



I've been somewhat mesmerised by David Bowie's new single today.

If you've missed it, I'd rather highly recommend a listen ...

... you can see the video here and the full lyrics are here.

Transported me right back to 1980 and my obsessive love of Scary Monsters (and Super Creeps); that first track on side 2, still sends me into a bit of a spin: 'Teenage Wildlife':

Well, how come you only want tomorrow
With its promise
of something hard to do
A real life adventure
worth more than pieces of gold
Blue skies above
and sun on your arms
strength in your stride
And hope in those squeaky clean eyes

 And today, at 66, he comes out with:

Where are we now?
Where are we now?
The moment you know
You know, you know

I think Bowie's always known - right from those teenage years - that everything matters, because there's nothing else:
Everything matters
Each detail
Sharp and sweet
Infusing our soul

Then later, home
In every way possible
To everything that matters
Love while you can

March just can't come soon enough; and with it
the release of that full album :-)



No comments: