Saturday, August 13, 2011

Grassmarket Fair, riots and more campaigning

Grassmarket Fair today and spent a bit of time at the local Labour Party Branch stall ... glad to see the rain was off for a while, which helped generate a good atmosphere at the Fair ;-)

With the local by-election; the candidate's broken ankle; my own Ward 9 re-selection, and the ERS Council elections ---

--- I've just noticed I haven't posted a single word about last week's riots ... rather than add to the literally millions of words already written, I had several friends and colleagues draw my attention to Peter Oborne's piece in the Telegraph last Thursday: you can see it here.

Just about sums it all up for me :-(

But - here in Edinburgh - onwards this afternoon with the City Centre Ward by-election campaign :-))

No comments: