HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Now back from Cairngorm Lodge Youth Hostel - great time had by all, with the kids especially enjoying all the activities on offer!
I'd highly recommend the location to any 'hostelers' out there - good accommodation and an excellent location for accessing a whole host of outdoor activities.
In no particular order:
- reindeer spotting was a huge success :-)
- plenty of forest-walks nearby in Glenmore Forest Park where the Caledonian Pines are truly impressive
- the beach (yes, a beach!) at Loch Morlich was a firm favourite (no-one brave enough to try swimming)
- the cafe, outdoor assault course and small dry ski-slope at Glenmore village were also very popular and well used by the children in our party!
- mountain-biking in Glenmore Forest Park was also pretty good
- and the adults even managed to get to the top of Cairngorm Mountain (4,081ft) - by foot and not on the funicular train!
Definitely another case of "back to work for a rest" :-))