Thursday, January 10, 2008

No more re-branding?

On the whole, I thought Stewart Maxwell did a reasonable job yesterday of coping with a pretty bad set of cards that had been dealt to him via the SNP national manifesto:

"We will abolish sportscotland and establish the 3 national centres currently run by sportscotland as not-for-profit trusts." ??

... I hope he's had a word-in-the-ear of whoever wrote that !!

I know Stewart of old - through Fairshare - so do have to admit to a slight 'personal bias' in his favour, nevertheless I couldn't help but have a wry-smile to myself when I heard him say in Parliament something along the lines of ... "we'll be keeping the name of sportscotland as it would be a waste of time and money to go through a re-branding exercise". Really?

That, from a Scottish Government Minister ;-)

No comments: