Thursday, June 28, 2007

New Chancellor

New Chancellor of the Exchequer!

Alistair was promoted earlier today ... I must openly admit not just my political, but personal, bias - having been Alistair's election agent twice now in 2001 and 2005.

It's not going to be an easy job for him - obviously - but if anyone has the skills and talents to undertake the role successfully, it's Alistair. He tends to be portrayed as the proverbial 'safe pair of hands' in the press, a bit reserved and dull.

What can I say ... I know him, and yes, he is a 'safe pair of hands'; the consummate professional but the rest of the press portrayal is far removed from the reality of the man.

He'll be a good Chancellor, and I wish him the very best in the challenges that he'll undoubtedly face over the coming months and years.

No comments: