Monday, November 13, 2006

Prestonfield Primarty School visit ... after very busy weekend! ... and local CC this evening

Visit to Prestonfield Primary School this morning ... bit of therapy for me, having looked after the family all weekend with partner abandoning me for a visit to London! Was actually quite enjoyable and on Saturday went along to watch a second-team Primary football match expecting my son's team to get thrashed (in the pouring rain) only to witness them winning 7-5. Not an experience I had much of when at Primary myself ... there were only 11 boys in the class, so NOT playing for the football team just wasn't an option; and we were so bad that any defeat kept in single figures was considered an heroic victory of persistence over talent. No wonder I don't particularly like football ;-((

Anyhow, back to Prestonfield ... really interesting school design (75 years old), with all the classes in a 'courtyard effect' around a central garden. All the classes seemed very settled and there was a very welcoming atmosphere to the whole establishment. I'll bet they even have a successful football team ;-))

Hutchison and Chesser Community Council (CC) meeting this evening ...

No comments: