Tuesday, August 09, 2011

City Centre Hustings tonight

Karen had her first hustings tonight ... couldn't make it along myself, but I hear all seemed to go well ...

... well done the Broughton Spurtle for organising the event.

I'm expecting many more next year, as we experience the first stand-alone Local Council Elections for several decades in Scotland ... I do recall having very, very few 'specifically' local-hustings in 1999, 2003 & 2007; due to the shared-date with the Scottish Parliament elections on the same day.

Should be quite different in 2012 - and a focus on all-things local can only be a good thing as far as I'm concerned ... but the level of overall turnout must be a slight worry for us all?

Anyhow - Karen has 2-more next week ...

... the joys of a stand-alone by-election!

No comments: