Friday, June 11, 2010

Miliband senior

The first all-candidate 'Party Hustings' for the 5 Leadership contenders is this coming Sunday (over in Glasgow) but sadly, I can't make it ... parents coming to Edinburgh for the day and simply can't give up 4-hours just to go and listen to five politicians ;-)

... but, all is not lost, as David Miliband was in Edinburgh yesterday morning; and Ed Miliband is in Edinburgh late on Sunday afternoon (presumably rushing over from said-Hustings!) and I think I will steal an hour from my parents to go and listen to him :-(

The overall contest, for me, is a three-way race ... between the Milibands and Andy Burnham. The other two contenders are not for me.

I'm sure Andy will be up in Edinburgh soon and I'll make the effort to go and see him as well, before declaring my 1st/2nd/3rd preference choices.

Anyhow, David Miliband yesterday was very impressive. Clear, concise and not at all afraid to disagree with his audience - such a refreshing approach.

There's just no doubt Miliband senior is future PM-material ... and I'm equally sure he'd lead a very effective team which would give the current Con/Lib Coalition some serious difficulties in coming months.

All-in-all, very impressive.

No comments: