Sunday, July 06, 2008

Glorious Galloway ...

Have spent the last week down at the very southern end of Galloway - second time this year - and have to admit, that we're now a little hooked on this particular part of Scotland.

It is so pleasantly quiet in comparison to many other areas of the country and definitely seems relatively undiscovered.

This time we shared a lighthouse cottage, right at the tip of the Mull of Galloway, with another family of friends ... accommodation was great, and the surrounding area was really stunning - even during the one-day of rain we had ;-)

... and regular blog readers may recall I'm not much of a freshwater fisherman, well I'm pleased to report (its the 'taking part' that counts!) that I'm now an equally unsuccessful seawater fisherman ;-)

... but we're up in Orkney later this summer - so there is hope yet for success with my new "beachcaster" ;-))

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW , Great place for a holiday. Been there and it fabulous. A favourite place

AM

Andrew said...

Anonymous / AM

Thanks for the comment - the more I think about it, the more I'm sure we'll return to the area in the not-too-distant future ;-)

Andrew