Sunday, July 01, 2007

Suzanne Vega

Back in Edinburgh (now Sunday evening) and have to comment briefly on a really, really enjoyable concert I went to on Friday evening ... just before jumping on the sleeper!

Suzanne Vega was playing the Queens Hall on Friday night - mainly showcasing her new album, which has just been released; "Beauty & Crime" - and it was the fourth time we've seen her.

I thought she was 'sounding' as good as I've ever heard her ... I can't easily think of any other artist whose every word (and I do mean every word) you can understand, no matter at what volume or pace the accompanying music is being played.

The songs from the new album sounded great, and the old favourites are just as moving today as they were when we first saw her in Bristol in May 1987. Back then, both musically and lyrically, Suzanne Vega was the backdrop to the start of a long romance that I'm glad to say is alive and well today :-))

No comments: