Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Primary School Heads meeting ... and CCWP this evening

Primary School Heads meeting this afternoon ... by far the biggest number at any of the 'Heads' meetings I've been to so far.

I've now done most of the 'Heads' group meetings, and all have been remarkably civilised - teachers are obviously just far too polite ;-))

Joking aside, I've had small pre-meetings for all of the groups (where 3 or 4 group office bearers have turned up) and these have been much more informative and useful to me - just goes to prove that it really is pretty difficult to get a good two-way dialogue with fairly large audiences.

Consultative Committee with Parents (CCWP) this evening - not a great turnout compared to a few weeks ago, and again I found the meeting quite difficult to chair in that it still is a fairly large group and I'm not convinced that a large round-table meeting is the very best way to handle all of this committee's business ... I'll need to give some thought to possible alternative formats??

No comments: