- Lib-Dems moved a motion to dump tram line 1b, but proceed with line 1a
- Tories moved an amendment to get a further report in one-cycle on line 1a costs
- Labour moved an amendment to get a further report in two-cycles on line 1b funding possibilities
- Labour and Tories conjoined their amendments and Greens agreed to back that position
- SNP moved, and shouted loudly about, an amendment to scrap the whole tram project
So, let the voting commence:
- SNP amendment was defeated and fell
- sensing that their Lib-Dem colleagues were therefore about to lose the next vote ...
- ... SNP joined the Lib-Dems in the second vote and supported proceeding with tram line 1a
- that position was therefore carried and Labour/Tory/Green position fell
In short - they moved an amendment to scrap the whole project, but when they realised their Lib-Dem partners were about to lose a vote they supported the continuation of tram line 1a in complete contradiction to everything they had said in the debate a few seconds before.
Truly breathtaking hypocrisy.
... and we wonder why people are switched off politics :-(