Friday, May 23, 2014

Time for change; time for STV-PR

I posted a couple of weeks ago about a brief trip I made to Manchester, and a public meeting I spoke at - all here; including a video-link!

Well - guess what's happened in Manchester today:


But - it's not just Manchester ... here are Newham's results:



As I said on the 10th May - I really hope that those responsible for drafting UK Labour's 2015 General Election manifesto are paying attention??

It is surely time for change; time for STV-PR for English Local Elections.


(graphs via Electoral Reform Society)

2 comments:

dvalts said...

Wonderful! Manchester now a one party state. Little point in having a debating chamber in the town hall now. Given the 37% turnout, that's about 1 in 5 of the electorate that felt strongly enough to actually go out and vote Labour. (I say this as someone somewhat supportive of Labour). PR can't come soon enough.

Andrew said...

I completely agree ... ERS have a good report on this issue; and I've got a short article on it - all via here: http://andrewburns.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/scotland-can-help-england-to-be-one.html