Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Understanding cycling ...

I was at a rather well-attended Spokes Public Meeting (see poster!) on Monday night ...

... was standing in for my colleague, Lesley Hinds, who had an unbreakable commitment in her local Ward.

I thoroughly enjoyed the evening; and was good to have some serious (and considered) challenge to current Council practice, alongside some acknowledgement of achievements to date.

Spokes now have a fair, and balanced, account of the evening up on their website - if you're interested, you can read it here.

I've also now received quite a high number (which is great!) of e-mails following the meeting ... I will respond to them all just as soon as feasible; and will get back to Spokes with some promised, follow-up on specific issues raised on the night.

--- and with many thanks to all of the organisers of Monday's event :-)

No comments: