I promised to post a bit more on the Castlebrae Community High School decision ...
... to hear both my own contribution to the debate on the 14th March, and Councillor Cardownie's, then just follow these two links:
The video should be available for a few more weeks yet, and hopefully both contributions make the decision to keep the school open absolutely clear.
To paraphrase my own brief speech:
- at the end of last year, we made it plain that the new Craigmillar Secondary School will be delivered by August 2020 at the latest.
- I put all the documentation into the public domain at the time - follow the links from the 7-points here.
- we've now decided to keep the current Castlebrae Community High School (CCHS) open.
- an update report will now go the next meeting of the Education Committee on Tuesday 21st May.
- every effort, including the establishment of the community-requested 'Education Commission', will now be made to ensure that CCHS is successful between 2013 and 2020.
- the objective will be to ensure the current school remains open and successful until the new school is ready.
I really hope that's clear.
As ever, please don't hesitate to e-mail me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want any further information ... but I will blog about progress with the 'Education Commission' as it develops over coming weeks.