Friday, January 11, 2008

Top Secret?

I've had quite a few e-mails/calls ... mainly from several Nationalist colleagues! ... bemoaning my earlier post on the ever-elusive Scottish Futures Trust (SFT).

The main gist of the 'moans' have been - "the SFT is definitely coming", and "it has to be better than that secretive and expensive PPP option that's been used for the last decade or so".

Well, what can I say but repeat myself ... if the SFT does eventually come along and provides Edinburgh with equivalent levels of finance as the first two-rounds of school-building in the City, then I'll be the first to applaud it. Remember though that round one in Edinburgh was some £130million of capital investment and round two some £180million.

And as for 'secretive and expensive', I can only assume nobody knows about this section of the Scottish Government website?

2 comments:

JamieC said...

Unfortunately, this is similar to a lot of what we've seen from the SNP thus far - populist politics which is full of talk but rather missing in action. There's only going to be so long that they can blame everyone else for not fulfilling their manifesto commitments...

Andrew said...

Jamie

I fear the 'blame everyone else' may continue for quite some time yet ...

Andrew