... yes - I'm somewhat embarrassed to announce that I've frankly "had it" with cycle-commuting every single, working day ...
... and, as this very date is the 10th-anniversary of the introduction of free concessionary bus travel (which I'm not quite entitled to yet!), I've decided anyhow to revert to an annual bus pass for my regular commute, and to sell the s*dding bike :-(
I mean, what can I say --- but, that I've just simply had enough of it all:
- the weather in Edinburgh is quite frankly rubbish - and wet! ... it's so much drier in Copenhagen where all those Danes cycle all day, every day.
- and another thing - Edinburgh is just far too cycle-unfriendly ... never mind the traffic, what about all those bl**dy hills for a start!
- I'm thus completely knackered after my commute in the morning; and just want to jump in a taxi on the way home ... don't talk to me about supposed mythical health benefits?
- and there's just no evidence for all this airy-fairy rubbish about cycling improving your well-being ... who are you trying to kid?
- don't get me started on just how bad it all is for the local economy - I've never seen anything that actually proves the value of cycling is economically positive ... it's so blindingly obvious that the opposite is true!
- to top it all - it costs an absolute personal fortune, and I'd frankly even be better off driving every day ... there's just no evidence that cycling actually saves you money?
So - that's it - I really have "had it" with cycling every day ... I'm not prepared to be fooled any longer, and it's back to the bus for me :-))