Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Venture Scotland ... 25-years on!

Keeping the 'anniversary theme' going ... close friends and family know that many moons ago, I was a 'Venturer' on (what was then) Operation Raleigh: back in 1986!

On my return, I was based/worked in England for a couple of years, then was then back in Scotland for a spell in 1988 and into early 1989. During that time, I became quite involved with the early establishment of an organisation called Venture Scotland ---

--- it was, in essence, an attempt to share experiences gained on Operation Raleigh back home, and to set up a development programme for young people in Scotland from less advantaged backgrounds.

Remarkably, 25-years later, it's still going strong :-)

And this evening, at the Assembly Rooms, they held the first 25th-annivesary event of 2013 ... it was a really lovely evening, catching up with several people from those 1988-days, some of whom I literally hadn't seen for over 2-decades :-))



No comments: