I spent a few more minutes than normal in seconding my SNP Colleague, Councillor David Key, who moved an Amendment on behalf of the Labour/SNP Coalition.
This was all in response to a Green Motion, which the Lord Provost accepted was an emergency issue.
My full speech can be found here ...
... and, as you'll hear, I promised to put all the documentation into the public domain - thus the list of links that follows (they are all chronologically referenced in my speech):
- the July 2012 letter to the Scottish Government
- the July 2012 'Schools for the Future' submission to the Scottish Government (see pages 31-34)
- the September 2012 letter from the Scottish Government/COSLA
- the October 2012 response, from the Council, to the above letter
- the 25th November 2012 list of projects from the Scottish Government
- the 29th November 2012 PowerPoint presentation to the Finance Committee
- the 5th December 2012 Scottish Government news release following the Autumn Statement
I sincerely hope the open publication of all this purely factual information helps the debate over the coming weeks.