Looking forward to tomorrow's "Co-operative Edinburgh" event ... line-up of speakers:
Thinking outside the box
Friday 7 September 2012
City Chambers, High Street (Royal Mile)
Edinburgh, EH1 1YJ.
09.00 Cllr Andrew Burns: Leader of the City of Edinburgh Council
The vision for Edinburgh
09.15 Cllr Steve Reed: Leader of Lambeth CouncilWhat makes a successful co-operative council?
09.45 Jim Maxwell: Business Development Manager, Co-operative Development Scotland
10.15 Plenary: Sue Bruce, Chief Executive, City of Edinburgh Council
Round table discussions
· What best practice can you identify that would fit into the co-operative approach as you have heard it described
· What top 3 actions would the Council need to take to move towards becoming more co-operative
· What further information, clarification or support do you need to be confident about contributing to a co-operative approach
· Energy Co-operatives: Pete Roche, Edinburgh Community Energy Co-op
· Housing Co-operatives: Susan Paton, Co-operation and Mutuality Scotland
· Childcare Co-operatives: Hugh Donnelly, Co-operative Education Trust Scotland
· Social Care Co-operatives: Dr Guy Turnbull, Care and Share Associates, Sunderland
13.00 Networking lunch: Additional third sector, academic,
consultancy and business invitees
thanks for posting..
Post a Comment