Wednesday, June 23, 2010

My 1, 2, 3, ...

OK - I've listened very carefully to (whom I consider) are the three serious contenders for the Labour Leadership and have now finally decided on how I'll place my 1st, 2nd and 3rd preferences whilst casting my vote later this year:
  1. David Miliband
  2. Andy Burnham
  3. Ed Miliband

Frankly, I really do believe any one of the three could do the top job - but someone extremely capable is going to be required to bring down the Conservative Government (and IT IS a Conservative Government!) before it gains any political-right to a second term ...

... on balance, I think David Miliband is the most likely to make sure that second term never happens: he's passionate, sincere and has the skills to work across the many differing levels of today's modern politics.

And, absolutely crucially for me, he's not 'unnecessarily' partisan or an old-fashioned tribalist.

But, whatever the final outcome in September - this whole leadership selection process will definitely have strengthened the Party for the challenges ahead in the run-up to the Scottish elections in May 2011, and beyond ...

2 comments:

Abdul Qadar said...

A week's a long time in politics and 3 months is like eternity. As I haven't had my two pence worth with all the leadership contenders yet my vote is up to be grabbed.

Andrew said...

Abdul - Thanks for the comment ... I've no intention of voting for Abbot or Balls; so my mind is now firmly made up.