Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Policy and Strategy papers ...

Policy and Strategy Committee Meeting next Tuesday (1st December - main agenda here) and the papers are out this morning ... and for once, there are quite a few interesting reports!

One that jumps out at me straight away is the paper on the Composition of the Board of Transport Edinburgh Limited (TEL) - you can find it here. Not so much for what it says, but for what it doesn't ...

... if my memory serves me correctly, this was the deadline for the report on the potential combining of 'bus and tram' operations under one Board structure? No sign of it??

Now, I'm not opposed to the principle of combining operations under one Board ... but, as ever, the devil will be in the detail - and it strikes me that all is not well with the detail, as there is none before us for decision :-(

I sense some robust questioning being required next Tuesday morning ...

No comments: