... now that the 'national projections' are out (based on the English Local Government results to date) here's an intriguing thought:
- Labour were on 26% nationally after the 2004 Local Election results - Tories were on 38%
- 12-months later for the 2005 UK General Election - Labour took 35% and the Tories 32%
- over the year, that was a 9% increase for Labour, and a 6% decrease for the Tories
- Labour now appear to be on 23% nationally at these 2009 Local Elections - Tories on 38% (again)
- in 12-months time (at the very most) there must be a (2010) UK General Election
- if that '2004 to 2005' percentage movement is replicated in the next year ('2009 to 2010'), guess what happens?