Wednesday, November 05, 2008

A new spirit of service?

Looks like I might have over-egged the turnout prediction, and it doesn't appear Obama will quite get to the 379 Clinton watermark :-(

... but it is looking like a 364-174/Obama-McCain result, which by any standards is an exceptional outcome.

I have to say, I don't envy Obama the task now in front of him - I've never known so much hope and expectation being placed on the shoulders of one person, within my lifetime - but, I'm optimistic he'll rise to the challenge. He is surrounded by extremely capable people, and more importantly, he now has a huge body of verifiable support right-across America that will work with him.

And if you have a mere 17-minutes to spare over the next few days, then can I encourage you to watch his victory speech in full ... it does give a very clear flavour of just how he intends to govern.

Personally, I think these intentions - against much expectation - will be delivered upon.

I really do think some significant changes await the period following his inauguration on the 20th January 2009.

No comments: