Wednesday, November 26, 2008

City doing better - really?

Bit of local news news coverage today will have brought some festive cheer to the hearts of those currently in charge of the city ;-)

... I have to say, whilst acknowledging that certain areas (road maintenance etc.) are going in the right direction, I just fail to understand how the issue of general street cleanliness is receiving such positive praise?

I mentioned all of this last week, and I can only repeat that CIMS is a pretty limited measure and it can't hide the fact that over 40% of the city is failing acceptable standards for street cleanliness ... and my experience of stomping the streets of Forth Ward recently certainly verifies this truth.

And, of course, I feel duty bound to point out that the Audit Scotland work, on which the Council report is dependant, is based on the last three years ... I'll say no more.

No comments: