Thursday, July 24, 2008

Exit polls?

Just after 10pm, the polls have closed, and - guess what - early indications are it will be very, very close!

No exit polls - as far as I know? - but I think this graphic may reflect somewhat how the next few hours go ...

It does seem the turnout has been relatively low - well, well down from the 48.2% turnout in the General Election of 2005.

... I'm going to try and keep blogging right through until the result comes out - given the turnout, I'm assured it should be called around 2am.

Its all being streamed live onto the main BBC News website as well, which you should be able to find here.

Happy viewing!

... but guess that will depend on your politics - and the final result of course??


UPDATE: Now hearing that some are predicting turnout could actually be just above 45% ... I'd be very surprised if that's true, but we'll know soon enough ...

UPDATE 2: The BBC are now confidently predicting the turnout at 42.25% ... that's a good 5-6% higher than I'd anticipated - what the final impact will be, we should now within the hour.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seemingly the turnout is higher than expected and close to the GE turnout.

Good old weegies - again underestimated by all polticial persuasions.

Andrew said...

... just updated the post - seems to be slightly over 42%!

Anonymous said...

Don't you think that the SNP's Westminster Angus could do with a visit to Telford College to get some advice on hairstyles?

Andrew said...

... I'm just not the one to comment unfavourably about hairstyles :-((

Anonymous said...

Actually, when Mrs. W came downstairs to ask about the result and I mentioned the post she told me to look in a mirror.

I see the Former Rev. Cairns has predicted that Mr. Broon would lead Labour to victory in the next general election. Not sure on what odds Ladbrokes would give on that one.

Anonymous said...

Was just thinking. Wouldn't it be amazing that if SNP win by one vote. If only Ms. Curran really lived in the constuency her and her husband would have voted. Then Labour would win by one.

Ah, if only.

Andrew said...

Ha! ... I sense (unfortunately) that there may be slightly more than 1-vote in it :-(

Anonymous said...

Just noticed wee Duggie said something that totally made sense. Unfortunately, he was speaking about a campaign between three and six thousand miles away.

Tee-hee, tee-hee, if only he knew. Word is that an Edinburgher was somehow involved.

Oh... a recount?

Anonymous said...

I know the BBC are saying over 300 votes but I think they are spinning. It's that one vote I tell you :-)

Anonymous said...

you guys should get a room