Sunday, March 16, 2008

Sorry, more on those grants ...

I know I'm probably getting close to boring everyone to death over this issue - so this may be the last post for a while on the topic! - but I did just want to return to 'grants' once more ...

... just to emphasise that what I posted here is merely a breakdown of the service-cuts in the Department of Children and Families - and you need to look here to get some sort of flavour of the scale of the service reductions now being 'managed' across the whole Council.

It is truly breathtaking and I'm pretty certain that very few (if any) of the 29 Nat/Lib Councillors now running the show truly realise what they have authorised.

As colleagues, and friends, know I'm generally one for 'lengthy explanations' and not too keen on simplifications ... but this whole saga does just prove to me that the City of Edinburgh Council is now being (primarily) 'finance-driven' and not 'service-driven'.

I'm also pretty certain that this will be very apparent by the time we get close to 2011/2012 - as numerous 'services' will have frankly gone. I, for one, intend to keep a close account of that and to use it as forcefully (politically) as I can ...

No comments: