Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Boundary Commission provisional proposals

Meeting of the Council's "Elections Consultative Group" earlier today ... main topic of discussion was the Boundary Commission for Scotland's provisional proposals for the first review of Holyrood constituencies and regions.

Scintillating stuff I hear you say - well, you may just have a point ... us political anoraks tend to get pretty worked up about all of this, but personally I'm not at all convinced that ordinary mortals are too worried about which Ward, Constituency or Region they reside within?

Decent local services are more likely to feature as being of importance, rather than which exact polling district they live in ;-)

All that said, I'm in a state of personal crisis as the street were I live (Cowan Road) is about to be lobbed into Edinburgh South and I could end up with a Liberal-Democrat as my MSP :-(

... unless he lost the 2011 Holyrood election of course??

No comments: