Thursday, August 09, 2007

ALDI store refused?

There's no question the developers will be disappointed, but the recent application (I mentioned it earlier here) by ALDI to site a store off Chesser Avenue within my local Ward has been recommended for 'refusal' at next week's Planning Sub-Committee - the full Committee report is here.

Of course, the Councillor-members of the Committee may overturn that recommendation; but that's not a very common occurrence.

I think it does now throw the spotlight back onto the owners of the land in question (not the Local Authority, I hasten to add!) to look seriously at other potential uses ... the report, which refuses this application, makes specific mention of this current proposal not being for a "community purpose" - a subtle hint to what may be acceptable in the future I feel?

No comments: