- first Full Council meeting last Thursday was a bit of a shambles, with Standing Orders being ignored ... or more politely, not understood.
- quasi-judicial Planning Committee 'stacked' in Liberals favour, so they and Nationalists have an in-built majority. Proportionality completely ignored.
- first Council Executive meeting called for 9.30am, half-an-hour before the Full Council meeting, this coming Thursday ... all with minimum 7-days notice and no consultation with anyone about the meeting which wasn't in the Council diary.
- only item on this Council Executive agenda is the appointment of the new Council Leader and Deputy Leader, so they can start claiming their new pay-grades asap.
- appears to be no consultation planned for any new structures which may replace the Council Executive model.
- no cross-Party dialogue, to date, about interim decision-making structures and allocation of pay-grades to any elected Members.
- and finally, no cross-Party policy discussion has taken place on anything since the election.
So far, so bad ;-((