Sunday, January 21, 2007

Falkland today

Up to Falkland (in Fife, not the South Atlantic!) for the day ... I never cease to be amazed at just how quiet it is around that part of the country? Takes less than an hour to drive there (yes, I do occasionally succumb to using the car ...) and there's wonderful countryside all around, and the village of Falkland is a delight.

Short walk around the village, before lunch at a local hostelry; followed by a bit of a walk around the grounds of Falkland House and out to the Pillars of Hercules organic farm for a coffee before returning home.

A good day had by all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is so nice to read about people who love Falkland the way my husband and I do, we went with the caravan for weekend when ever we could. My husband passed away suddenly last year and I think it will take me a long time before I will be able to go back, we loved it so much it is a lovely, special place, I hope you enjoy for a very long time.

Andrew said...

Pam

Many thanks for taking the time to comment ... and for reading the blog!

Andrew